http://www.leafandbeef.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/pudding2.jpg 448 1000 JG http://www.leafandbeef.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Logo.jpg JG2016-12-07 01:02:382016-12-07 01:02:38Black Rice PuddingPrint
At our latest Iron Chef competition (Coconut “Secret” Ingredient), my friend Sara introduced me to this AMAZING dish. It’s a sweet but not too sweet dessert or breakfast dish.
Black Rice Pudding
Write a review
- 1 cup black rice (can be purchased at most Asian food stores)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 coconut brown sugar (or palm, or maple)
- Rinse rice three or four times in a metal dish (it stains ceramic).
- Soak overnight in water.
- Cook rice at a ratio of 1 cup rice to 2 cups water.
- Cook rice for 25 to 35 minutes, turn off heat, leave rice to cook for another 10 minutes covered.
- Once the rice is finished cooking, in a saucepan over medium heat, mix 1/2 cup coconut milk, 1/2 cup coconut cream, 1/2 coconut palm sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Bring to a boil, and then turn off.
- And the coconut milk sauce to the rice and serve.
- You can use a lot less sugar if you want this as a breakfast dish rather than a dessert. I.e. 3 tablespoons.
- Add toppings of your choice: I.e. mango, blueberries.
- You can cook the rice without soaking it the night before, but it will talk a lot longer to cook.
Leaf And Beef http://www.leafandbeef.com/